Monday, September 8, 2014

Egg Muffin Cups




I have seen a lot of recipes for egg muffins, for an easy take and go breakfast. With my new job, I find that I am not able to eat as often throughout the day and I definitely need something more substantial in the morning. Best part of these: no recipe required. I used summer squash and green onions, plus a few fresh basil leaves, because that's the veggies I had on hand. Used a mix of leftover shredded/crumbled cheese that was in the fridge. Used buttermilk instead of regular milk because my hubby bought a giant container of it the other day and why not?


Egg Muffin Cups
6 large eggs
1/4 Cup Buttermilk
1 medium summer squash, grated
3 stalks green onions
6 slices bacon, chopped
1/4 cup shredded cheese
salt, pepper, basil

Preheat oven to 350. Whisk 6 large eggs together in bowl. Add buttermilk (or milk) to desired consistency. Stir in veggies, cheese, and spices. Grease muffin tin and fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way full. Bake for about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment