Saturday, August 16, 2014

Taste of summer


There is something about summer which requires absolutely everything to be grilled. Unfortunately, I don't have any outdoor space, and therefore can't set up a grill unless I want to do it in my parking spot. So tonight, I improvised.


Those are fresh nectarines that I grilled on my cuisinart griddler. I wasn't sure how the griddler would work for fruit, but they turned out great! Just heated the griddler to a medium heat, sprayed with cooking spray, and payed them cut side down. I discovered if I shut the lid really quickly it would keep the nectarines in place, if I tried to close it slowly they just slid across the non stick surface and smushed themselves at the front of the plates. 

After I cooked them for about 10 minutes, I lightly dusted with some brown sugar. Delicious alone and also paired with the bourbon salted Carmel ice cream I made last night :). Have to work on the recipe for that one because the creaminess did not reach desired levels, but the flavor was delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment